Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Ok here I go...


Well I am entering the world of blogging. I never thought I would, but wanted to use this as a place to post reviews on books. I really love reading and appreciate other people's input when I am debating about reading a book, so here I go. My first review will go to one of my author's that I just love- It's Erin Healy and her new book "The Promises she keeps" was a thoughtful and thouroughly enthralling read- I really appreciate Erin's writing- it is such a treat. Her characters are well defined- first the beautiful Promise who is a singer with incredible talent, yet she has Cystic fibrosis, so she is well aware that her timing on earth needs to count for something right now. So she pursues fame in order for her star to shine. And yet, she keeps surviving accidents that should take her life, but don't. Enter our next character Porta- a modern day sorceress whose searching for immortality and will do just about anything to get it. And probaby my favorite character of the bunch- Chase- a young artist whose perception on life is seen through the filter of autism and he sees things more clearly than most. Erin takes these characters and creates a compelling read that keeps you up at night to see how they find there way. Please pick up a copy of this book. I think you will enjoy the journey as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment