Friday, March 11, 2011

Review on "The Wolf of Tebron"

"The Wolf of Tebron" by C.S. Lakin is billed as a "fairy tale" and I would heartily agree, but a fairy tale with much allegory and deep meaning along the lines of C.S. Lewis in the Chronicles of Narnia Series. The main character/hero is Joran, a young blacksmith's apprentice who ,you find early on, has the ability to mindspeak with animals around him which plays into the story in meaningful ways throughout. Joran is soon on a quest to free his missing wife who comes to him in his dreams wanting to be found. This quest is long and arduous and aided by "the wolf of Tebron" who he meets early on in the story. This wolf ,Ruyah, is the voice of wisdom and help and love as his friend and companion on this journey. It's a tough journey, as he has to face things within himself that he needs to let go of, in order to complete his quest.
This is one of those stories where you can't help but take a speculative look at your own life and wonder "what are the things in me that I need to lay aside in order to be all that God is calling me to be?" I love when fiction has the power to reach in and accomplish some good in you. I highly recommend this book and as a side note the next book in this series is due out soon- "Map across time" . I, for one, will be sure to pick it up!

May I also add that I was graciously given a Review copy of this book through the wonderful organization NetGalley. I can't wait to continue my reviewing of great Christian fiction with their help.

No comments:

Post a Comment